Use Shopify's free online image resizer
Wow your customers by making your product photography perfect
Optimized images for the web
Use Shopify’s online image resizer and optimizer tool to give your digital images the perfect size and configuration to suit a wide range of applications. Whether it’s for a social media profile, product photo for your online store, or an e-newsletter, fast and easy image resizing makes your life easier.
Shopify’s image resizer tool gives your digital images the perfect size and configuration to suit a wide range of applications. Whether it’s for a social media profile, product photo for your online store, or an e-newsletter, fast and easy image resizing makes your life easier. To get started:
- 1. Go to shopify.com/tools/image-resizer
- 2. Add your images (maximum 6 images at a time)
- 3. Select size: compact, medium, or large
- 4. Click “Submit”
- 5. Download your images
The online image resizer is a free tool Shopify offers to businesses. That means there is no cost to use it, and you can resize as many images as you want.
- - It speeds things up: the larger the image file size, the longer it can take a load a page.
- - It shows what you want to show: if the image is too large or too wide or narrow for the particular application you’re using, the application often adjusts the image for you which may crop out an important part of the image you wanted to show.
- - It benefits Search Engine Optimization (SEO): properly sized (and named) image files help your website’s search engine performance.
- - It looks professional: properly sized images give your business a polished look.
Yes, the image quality itself will be affected by resizing. However, if a high resolution image is the appropriate size for the specific application being used (e.g. social media) the image quality should be sufficient. If you start out with a low resolution image, resizing it could affect its quality. When working with web images, it’s best to use “standard resolution” which is 72 PPI.
Ideal image size completely depends on the application, in other words, where you’re using the image. Here are some general sizes that work well for the following platforms:
Websites * - Full width images (Medium): 2048 x 2048px * - Inside content images (Compact): 1024 x 1024px
Social media sites * - YouTube banner: 2560 x 1440px * - Instagram Stories: 1080 x 1920px * - Twitter header: 1500 x 500px * - Instagram or Facebook posts: 1080 x 1080px * - Facebook advertisements: 1200 x 628px
E-newsletter * - Image with text (Compact): 1024 x 1024px
Specialty websites * - Blog or photography/graphic websites or slideshows (Large): 4472 x 4472px